"How you gonna love somebody else, if you can't love yourself?" -Rupaul
Beyond consistent offensive cultural appropriation, marketing, racist remarks, being murdered by law enforcement, President #45, US criminal justice system, celebrities like Rosanne Barr and brands like Starbucks, Dove, H&M, and Zava, It Is Economically Imperative that we as Black people support Black owned businesses within our local, regional, national, and global communities.
The Black community is part of larger communities. Like a spoke in a wheel, a thriving Black community is an asset and great contributor to optimal functioning of the whole wheel. Broken spokes impede progress. It is our job, not other folks or entities, to take care of our individual and collective selves. Let's not allow a lack of awareness to be an impediment.
- IDENTIFY at least three directories to join as a consumer and/or business
- ACQUIRE at least one premium membership
- USE THEM - peruse the directories and discover at least three businesses from which you are willing to buy!!!
- THINK 'SHIFT DOLLARS' - get things you already buy like hair and skincare products, laundry detergent, paper goods, etc
- SHARE your journey and great experiences!!!